We’re about to begin looking in some detail at getting a wiki platform going in our school and the discussion’s moving from the theory to the practical questions like the one below. Any feedback would be welcome.
- Should wikis be viewable outside the school intranet?
- Is it best to have the wiki software on the school’s server?
- What is the best wiki software?
- Should they be editable outside the school intranet?
- What kind of security and password control is needed?
- What are the features that are most important in the wiki software?
- How important is RSS of wiki changes?
- Is WYSIWYG editing important?
- How much disk space should a wiki be allocated?
- Should staff be able to establish multiple wikis?
- Should students be able to establish a wiki without teacher input?
- Should students be able to establish multiple wikis?
- How important is template support in wiki design?
- How much customization is necessary/advisable?